Advanced Axis and Allies Europe
This game uses all of the original rules of Avalon Hill’s Axis and Allies Europe with the addition of the following rules:
Use the Advanced Axis & Allies Europe map board.
Refer to the Advanced AAE Setup sheet.
· Military victory if the Axis player controls any of the following at the beginning of Germany’s turn:
1) Moscow, Stalin grad, and Leningrad
2) London and Cairo
3) Washington D.C.
· Economic victory if combined German and Italian income is 120 IPC or more at the beginning of Germany’s turn.
· Military victory if the Allied player controls the following at the end of Germany’s turn:
1) Berlin and Rome
· Economic victory if German income is 25 IPC or less at the end of Germany’s turn.
British MidEast: 16
· Italy is played as a separate country.
· Income is separate and can only be spent on Italian controlled complexes.
US pre-war restriction:
· US only gets half of its IPC value for the first 3 turns. Collects full income at the end of round 4.
USSR first turn restriction:
· Russia only gets half of its IPC value for the initial setup income. Collects full income at the end of round 1.
German surprise attack:
· During Germany’s first turn Russian units in the light-red colored Russian areas do not get to roll for the first round of combat.
British MidEast Oil Region:
· Only the Middle-Eastern oil territory IPC’s and Mediterranean Convoy Zone can be spent at the British complexes in Cairo and Trans-Jordan. There is no capital for this region. It is played as a separate country.
· Oil Convoys: Up to a total of 6 IPC’s per turn can be designated for shipment to Britain during the purchase phase. The German player rolls 1 dice for each IPC. Each roll of 2 or less destroys 1 IPC. The British player will receive the remaining IPC’s at the end of the turn during the collect income phase. Either the Mediterranean Convoy or Cairo must be held to send an oil shipment.
Industrial Complex Production Limit:
· Placement of purchased units is LIMITED to IPC VALUE of the territory.
· All complexes can build any units.
Soviet Far East Recall:
· At the end of the third turn Russia receives the following units in Siberia:
6 Infantry, 3 Armor, 1 Artillery, 1 Fighter.
· In addition the Siberian territory increases from 5 IPCs to a value of 10 IPCs.
· If any neutral country is invaded then immediately place the following units in the territory under attack and all adjacent neutral territories.
-If the neutral territory value is 2 then place: 3 Inf, 1 Fighter
-If the neutral territory value is 1 then place: 2 Inf
· All remaining units are converted to the defending players control after combat is completed.
o The defending player may choose which country’s units will be used for the conversions.
· Over-flights by any aircraft are considered to be a violation of neutrality.
· Passing through the Straits into the Black Sea will activate the Turkish forces.
Country-specific special abilities:
· All German tanks defend with a 3
· Germany receives +1 SUB every round on unit Placement Phase.
· All Russian artillery pieces support 2 infantry.
· All US infantry units attack at a 2 during amphibious assaults.
· British fighters in London, United Kingdom, and Scotland defend at a 6.
· Fortifications cost 2 IPC each.
· They may be placed on any territory that was friendly controlled at the beginning of the current players turn.
· A maximum of one fortification can be placed per turn per territory.
· There must be at least two infantry units in the space to build.
· Building a fortification does not inhibit Infantry movement/combat.
· Fortifications do not attack or defend but can be used as causalities.
· Each fortification increases one infantry to defend with a 3.
· An unlimited amount of fortifications can be built in any space.
· Fortifications can be captured if the defending space is unoccupied by enemy units.
Strategic rail movement:
· Each country receives 5 Rail Points.
· Each rail point allows one land unit to move up to 4 spaces during non-combat movement.
· The player must move to territories that were friendly-controlled at the beginning of the current players turn.
· Strategic Rail movement points must be used each turn and may not be saved. Any unused points are lost.
* Strategic Rail cannot be used for African & Middle Eastern countries.
Armor Blitz movement:
· Any tanks that move only one space into combat during combat movement may then move one additional space during non-combat movement into a friendly controlled territory.
· Damage is limited to IPC value of the territory.
· Each hit point of damage reduces the production of the complex by one if not repaired.
· For each hit point of damage the controlling player has the option to repair by paying 2 IPC’s per damage point to the bank at the beginning of the turn. It can be utilized in the same turn as repair.
· Escort rules are not used.
· IC will remain damaged until fixed regardless of the owner.
Naval air attacks:
· Land based fighters involved in naval battles attack with a 2 or less.
· Land based fighters involved in land battles attack with a 3 or less.
· Carrier based fighters involved in naval battles attack ships with a 3 or less.
· Carrier based fighters involved in land battles attack with a 2 or less.
Limited air combat movement:
· Fighters have a limited movement of 2 spaces, and bombers are limited to 3 spaces during the combat movement phase.
Switzerland & Eire: these territories are off limits
Vichy France: belongs to Italy
· All convoy zones start with 1 transport.
o At least one transport must be in the convoy zone to collect income for the space.
o If the transport is moved out or destroyed then no income is received for that convoy zone.
· US transports may supply British convoy zones.
Russian convoy zone:
· The US player may provide a lend-lease of 4 IPC’s for each US transport in the Russian convoy zone.
· The maximum number of transports that are eligible to provide lend-lease is three.
· All lend-lease money is paid from the current IPC’s on-hand from the US player at the beginning of the US players turn.
· During amphibious assaults the attacking Amphib-Units do not get to fire for the first round of combat.
· Naval bombardment and aircraft may attack normally.
· Land & Amphibious units attacking simultaneously: Only the Amphib-Units are restricted for first round AND only the Amphib-Units cannot retreat.
· Subs can move through any occupied sea zone unimpeded into an adjacent sea zone (movement of 2).
· Surface ships may move through any sea zone that is only occupied by enemy subs.
· Maximum of 3 ‘friendly’ subs per sea zone at the end of ANY phase.
· Subs may be used as casualties in the first round of battle even if the 'HIT' was something that could not normally attack a sub. This is not mandatory.
· Subs can only have 1 round of combat.
· Subs fire 2 dice at 2 or less during attack for one round of combat. (2 hits = 2 hits)
· Subs fire 1 dice at 2 or less for defence for one round of combat.
· Subs must submerge after combat (attack or defend) in the same round.
· Only destroyers and carrier-based fighters may defend against subs.
o Each sub that attempts this kind of attack must first role a 3 or less to determine if it can make it through the fleet’s escort screen and may then make an attack against the Capital ships.
o For every two defending destroyers in the sea zone, one sub is blocked.
o The defending player chooses causalities against any of the Capital ships present.
o ONLY destroyers in the sea zone may still fire back at the subs.
o These special attacks are completed before any remaining battles in that sea zone. All surviving defending ships involved on the capital ship combat sequence are returned to main battle in sea zone to continue regular combat.
Straits of Gibraltar:
· Gibraltar must be controlled to move ships between Eastern and Western Strait of Gibraltar.
· Denmark must be controlled to move ships between the Danish Sea and the Baltic Sea.
· Control of Denmark is necessary for any Amphibious Assaults from the Danish Sea into West Germany.
· If a country controls EGYPT, it can move naval units through the Suez Canal (one Movement point) between the Red Sea and East Med.
South African Sea Route:
Straits of Western Turkey:
· Ships Passing through the Straits into the Black Sea will activate the Turkish forces.
· After Neutral country is activated, occupation of Western Turkey is necessary to use the Straits